Yeppoon State School is a co-educational school. We have a wonderful team of dedicated and competent staff who work closely together to provide challenging, meaningful and rich learning experiences for all of our students. Due to this, Yeppoon State School has become renowned for high standards in academic, cultural and sporting achievements. Our aim is to provide all students with the opportunity to achieve their full potential within a safe, disciplined and supportive learning environment.
We pride ourselves on working with students, parents and carers, and the school community to deliver a first class education. As a school community we strive to provide our students with high quality educational opportunities that will empower them to be the very best that they can be academically, emotionally and socially when they exit our school at the end of year 6.
Our school community is committed to
emotional resilience and social competence
achieving academic potential
developing competent learners who actively seek and use knowledge
promoting compassion and global awareness
fostering effective communicators
balancing independence and collaboration
encouraging problem solving and informed risk taking.
The individual needs of the child.
A respect for one’s self.
A respect for, and cooperation with, others in the school and in the community.
A respect for our wonderful school environment.
- Be given the opportunity to work within a climate of trust, caring, sharing and respect, conducive to harmonious working relationships.
- Be given the freedom to make decisions they believe will assist with the social and emotional development of each child.
- Be supported in their endeavours by the school policy on behaviour management.
Community members/parents, as partners in learning process should:
- Be supported in their efforts to provide a home atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Be given the opportunity to establish positive and constructive communications with school.
- Be given the opportunity to share in the school decision making.
Tomorrow's success begins today at Yeppoon State School.